Metal braces and clear braces like those from Invisalign are both used to slowly adjust the alignment of your teeth. There are important differences between them, though. We’ll compare the two systems in this post from Ray McKinley DDS & Brittany McKinley-Holloway DDS — McKinley General, Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry in Shelby Township.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a patented orthodontic system. It uses clear aligners that are switched out every few months until the teeth are moved to their proper place.
Invisalign performs the same function that metal braces do. The majority of people that pick Invisalign over braces are working professionals over the age of 20 who may feel as if they are too old for traditional metal braces.
It is important to remember that it is never too late, and you are never too old to straighten your teeth with braces or Invisalign.
- Metal braces have a wire running through them
- Aligners are clear and plastic
- Metal braces need to be tightened periodically to shift the teeth
- Aligners are replaced every few weeks. The new aligner changes the pressure on the teeth to move them
- Braces require careful cleaning to remove food debris
- Clear braces can be removed at mealtime, and for brushing and flossing
Clear braces from Invisalign are available at Ray McKinley DDS & Brittany McKinley-Holloway DDS — McKinley General, Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry in Shelby Township. Patients from Washington Township, Macomb, and Lakeside also come to us for complete general dentistry. Call for an appointment today!
Contact Ray McKinley DDS & Brittany McKinley-Holloway DDS — McKinley General, Cosmetic & Implant Dentistry:
Location (Tap to open in Google Maps):
45665 Village Blvd
Shelby Township, Michigan