If you recently acquired dentures, you may be wondering just how you are going to keep your dentures clean to ensure they last a lifetime. Well, you’ve come to the right place, our team is going to give you five ways you can care for your dentures right at home.
1. Rinse your dentures daily before brushing to allow any loose food or debris to be removed. Then brush your dentures with a soft-bristled toothbrush and non-abrasive cleaner to prevent any scratching.
2. Dentures are fragile so when you are handling your dentures, be sure to stand over a soft surface like a towel or mat to ensure that if your dentures are dropped they won’t break.
3. Remember, dentures can dry out. You can avoid this by placing your dentures in a denture cleanser soaking solution or water when you aren’t wearing them. Never use hot water, this can warp the denture.
4. To help remove plaque, brush your gums with a soft-bristled brush every day before putting your dentures in. This will ensure plaque removal and gum stimulation, essential for a healthy mouth.
5. See your dentist if your dentures break, chip or become loose. Don’t try and fix them yourself, leave it to us to handle the repair.
If your dentures do break, chip or become loose, please contact our office immediately to let us know. Don’t try to fix your dentures, leave it up to our team to fix them up. Give us a call today at [phone] to help answer your questions about dentures!